ENGAGE AND EQUIP
Crèche - Grant Bohler
Leave your little ones in caring, safe hands while you worship.
These ladies will take care of babies who are too little for Sunday School.
Enjoy the service, knowing that you will be called from the service if your baby needs you.
The Crèche runs from the prefabs behind the church.
- Are you available to assist with looking after the little ones on a roster basis?
- Do you have old good quality toys which you no longer need?
During the church service (from 09h15 on Sunday Mornings) children from 3 years through to Grade 8 learn about God; and what it means to follow Jesus. The Sunday School worship with the congregation every other week, and – since we believe that access to the communion table is through baptism, the children join the congregation for Communion. Two teams (the Ding’s & the Dong’s) earn points for attendance; remembering memory verses etc.
- The Sunday School is always looking for mature Sunday School teachers or assistants to assist on a roster basis. Teachers are on duty every other week, allowing you to attend church on alternate weeks.
- Do you know any young people who are not currently attending Sunday School? Let us know so that we can invite them along.
Confirmation - Peter Langerman
Confirmation helps students grow in understanding, and encourages them to be free to indicate at any time where they believe they are ready to publicly confess their faith, thereby taking upon themselves, the promises made by their parents when they were baptized as infants. Those who have not yet been baptized may be baptized as adults.
Alpha & Life Worth Living - Piet Senekal
A ten-week course (meeting once a week) presented by Nicky Gumbel & started at Holy Trinity in Brompton presents & explains the basics of our faith. While this is invaluable to new Christians, or those considering a relationship with Jesus, the course also offers wonderful insights to those who have walked with Jesus for many years.
Meet for dinner, & then proceed to watch Nicky Gumbel’s own presentation on DVD, followed by group sessions where topics are discussed in smaller groups.
Marriage Course - Alan & Anita Richards
The Marriage Course is a series of seven sessions designed to help any married couple strengthen their relationship. Created & presented by Nicky & Sila Lee (of Holy Trinity Brompton), who have been married for over thirty years & have four children.
Couples meet for a romantic dinner, & then watch the presentation on DVD, with intervals for the couple to discuss privately.
Library - Moira Senekal
Our library contains a wonderful collection of both non-fiction and fiction books. The library is open in the bottom hall after Sunday morning services.
- Are you able to assist with manning the library on the occasional Sunday morning?
- Do you have books to donate?
- Or a contribution towards book purchases?
- Or can you assist with covering books?
- Or on occasion to stock take or catalogue books?